I’m seeing the word “install” and “installed” used a lot recently in regards to the MSPA Notifier, and I’d like to make it known that the program requires, by definition, no “installation”.
Installation (or setup) of a computer program (including device drivers and plugins), is the act of making the program ready for execution. Because the process varies for each program and each computer, programs (including operating systems) often come with an installer, a specialized program responsible for doing whatever is needed for their installation.
The MSPA Notifier is ready for execution without the need of making the program ready for execution right after you extract it. Unless somehow you don’t have the .NET 2.0 framework installed on your Windows machine, in which case I don’t even know how that would happen.
You obtain/get/use the notifier, you do not install it.
This has been a friendly PSA from the MSPANotifier dev. Please look forward to seeing some news as we get closer to Anime Expo.
As of right now, I have
9 10 entries in the contest. You may view them all here, and if you do not see yours, please send me a link to it to put it in the contest. If I don’t end up getting a few more, then I will probably extend the contest another week, and include all current entries in the main notifier release.
Alright, here we go folks! CONTEST TIME!
I want user macros, and lots of them, but the cream of the crop will make their way into the next notifier release! However, everyone who participates will have their macro put into a separate, giant MEGA MACRO package as a supplement to the main MSPA Notifier program!
That’s right, everyone’s a winner! But only the top 5 of my choosing will make it into the contest. Out of the top 5 results, I will have you, the tumblr audience, choose who gets to make the “super secret” macro! The top 5 will also get functional, beta releases of the new Notifier before everyone else, and direct instant message support from me!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Participation is simple, post your macro on your tumblr and tag the post “mspanotify-macro-mania”. That’s it! Or if you would like to submit it in private, you may send it to me via the MSPA Forums in a note with the subject line as “mspanotify-macro-mania entry”. If you need to revise your macro, please add a “revised” tag in your post or in your forums message.
- No vulgarity, nudity, gore, ect…, let’s keep it clean, okay folks?
- No edited artwork. This means this must be an original macro made by you, and not an edit of Hussie’s or someone else’s work. I want this Mega-Macro-Pack to be full of original and new content! Let everyone see what YOU can do!
- Macro must display in the lower right of the screen correctly. This means you can not make a “full screen macro” or have an image offset the macro purposefully to the left side of the screen. It’s got to run out of the box.
- Watermarks and signatures are ok! If you wish to include a small watermark with your signature, your tumblr url, deviantart, ect.. you may, but please make it look appealing.
- It must say “UPDATE” somewhere in the image. While an image appearing in the lower right corner of your screen automatically may mean there’s been an update to Homestuck, I would prefer to keep macros with this “UPDATE” theme.
- One entry per person. This is to cut down on the number of macros, and to ensure you’re submitting the one you like best, so choose wisely!
- The deadline for submitting macros is 11:59 PM PST on 2/25. After that, no other macros will be eligible to be included in the MEGA-PACK.
- TEST. YOUR. MACRO! You may have put all this work into a macro only to find out once it’s used, you have weird artifact once you use it. Please use the “Custom Macro” and “Fake Check” options in the current notifier. Mac and Linux users who wish to enter, you can install a special alpha build of the notifier here!
- Have fun! Be creative! Be original! You’re much more likely to get into the top 5 if you follow this rule.
- Macro must be in PNG or GIF formats. This is to preserve the quality of the transparency effect.
Other than that, I think you’re ready to start making a macro!
I’ve got to say, one of my favorite things about Homestuck isn’t so much the comic itself, but the creative fans out there who push out some amazing looking fanart and creative and occasionally hilarious situations for the characters. You guys are amazing, and I hope you help contribute to let others see what you are capable of. Everyone who uses this Mega Pack will have a chance at seeing your art!
To help spread the word for this, would you mind reblogging? I want everyone who’s ever made a unique macro to get in on this!